Ok, so I post about the dryer vent cleaning and the washer must be jealous at all the attention.
Washer is now throwing F9 codes and the frequency of the codes is increasing (2 for 2 today).
I did a search on F9 and found four previous posts, all with essentially the same response (and the same items the job aid below says to check).
I have the Job Aid L-68 (p/n 8178076) and have performed all the tests that I could. - I have not taken the pressure switch out to check the hose or "proper operation". I don't know how to check for proper operation and the job aid is silent on this as far as I can tell. I suppose Occam's razor applies here...
- I've checked the drain hose and it is clear.
- I checked the wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure switch, and CCU with my trust Fluke multimeter.
- I cleaned the drain pump filter (there is no boot to collect 'gookus', just a hard plastic 'filter'). It had minor gookus buildup. Very minor.
- Given that the drain pump will pump just fine when you go to the drain/spin mode, I don't think it is it (though it ohms out at 16 ohms instead of 15 ohms with no power).
- I ran the "Diagnostic Test" on page 608 and all functioned well.
My wife said water was about 1/4 of the way up the clear front of the washer the one time she noticed it while it was still running.
Clothes have been a bit wetter than normal coming off the spin cycle, especially hand washables (soaking, water all over the floor when you take stuff out wet -- low spin setting).
The washer is level front to back and side to side.
Hopefully it is the pressure switch as that's the last thing I can test, assuming someone knows how to test it, etc.
Thanks for your help.
Edited by admranger, 31 January 2013 - 11:10 PM.