Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Reg & Dimitri save the day on this Frigidaire Range Stove Freestanding Oven FGF375BHBB

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to RegUS_PatOff & dimitri77565 for their advice on a recent service call I did. Everything went smoothly and the diagnosis was quick and easy because of them.

I got a call for a Frigidaire gas range (freestanding) with a list of complaints:

1. Burners no longer sparking

2. Interior light no longer coming on when door is opened

3. Clock display flickering when door is opened

4. Error codes present

5. Oven no longer bakes

It turns out my client actually installed a new board twice with no resolve. Then he had a tech come out who diagnosed (you guessed it!) a bad board. Without you guys I may have done the same thing. Afterall, he was still getting 120 volts at the outlet.

Reg posted the tech manual quickly, but told me to check if the range had been at another location and recently moved to this one. He told me to check for electrical work that may have been done to the house.

Dimitri just flat-out told me it was the power supply.

Armed with this knowledge I headed out to take on this trouble maker. When I arrived I ran an extension cord to the range from another room. The goal here was to see if the appliance would run on a totally different breaker. And guess what? It did.

Yup, no problem with this range at all. They had a failing breaker in the box outside. He called me a "genius." He just couldn't believe that, after all his time and frustration (money too), the problem was so simple.

Thanks Reg :thanks:

Thanks Dimitri :thanks:

I donated a couple of beers on this one! :cheers:

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics