Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

smk

kenmore elite oasis broken agitator fins

5 posts in this topic

I have a 110.27032600 and the large plastic agitator fins have all broken off 1 by 1.  I am noticing the clothes are not getting very clean. I am assuming the fins are a large part of the cleaning process.  Could something else wrong be causing the fins to break?  Is there a agitator part available for this washer?  Is this washer brand/model worth repairing or should I look for another machine.  I just need a large capacity washer.  I don't care about getting a HE model.  Thank you!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The manufacturer has replaced part number 8558886

with this item, part number W10076320

Agitator (bottom) had been available separately in the past

Part number: 8558886

Part number: 8558886

Auger (top) is still available separately

Part number: 8561695

Part number: 8561695

1 person likes this

IF unit is in good shape, worth the investment, complete agitator around 85.00, appliance parts pro .com.  don't wash sneakers, etc, rips agitator up.

Would the broken agitator fins be the cause of clothes not getting real clean?  Just trying to determine if it is worth keeping.  I have been reading terrible reviews on this washer.

Would the broken agitator fins be the cause of clothes not getting real clean?  

Yes.  How else would the clothes make dynamic contact with the water-detergent solution in the tub?  Without dynamic contact, the only soils removed will be those that come off the fabric by mere soaking.