Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Jenn-Air Dish Washer Model# JDB4000AWS, leak at seal.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

This dishwasher appears to be leaking at the right front door.  The gasket seams O.K., I checked the soap dispensor and it seams ok with no leaks.  Is there an aftermarket gasket or foam to put in the lower corners of this unit to prevent the minor leaking during wash cycle?

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

http://www.repaircli...4701001/1465007

Edited by tpoindexter, 04 February 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Test

#3 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Will these work on the Jenn-Air?  I've used them on a Kitchenaid? or was it something else.  Seems like the they are fairly specific to a certain make/model?  If they work on the Jenn-Air, how and where do I attach them?

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

In the picture, I noticed food particles on the door gasket, those food particles may just be enough to make the door leak.

Scott Wolf

#5 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Will these work on the Jenn-Air?  I've used them on a Kitchenaid? or was it something else.  Seems like the they are fairly specific to a certain make/model?  If they work on the Jenn-Air, how and where do I attach them?

Yes.

Instructions come with them.

In the picture, I noticed food particles on the door gasket, those food particles may just be enough to make the door leak.

Test

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,647 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Those corner deflectors are for Frigidaire dishwashers, they may fit in the Jenn-Air but I really doubt that is your problem.

The most likely problem is a hole in the plastic tub right in the little corner pocket area.

The reason I suspect this is one of these exact same machines got me once when a customer took the unit apart and left the kickplate off but put the screws back in the holes so he wouldn't loose them.

The problem comes when you put the long lower screws in the top of the kickplate panel, (the short - only about 1/2" long - machine screws go in the top).  The long screws are too long and screw right into and thru the plastic tub then when you take them out you have a hole and it leaks like crazy and it's really hard to tell where it's actually coming from because the hole is right behind the bracket that the kickplate mounts to and it looks like it is pour out over the gasket area.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#7 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Very interesting, I will take a look at that possibility when I go back.  I assume this is a risky repair, if at all possible?

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

I assume this is a risky repair, if at all possible?

No, plastic tub dishwashers can be easily and reliably repaired with JB weld or any other plastic-suitable epoxy.  I've patched many of them.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics