Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Cabrio washer. Just purchase seal only?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Garpy

Garpy

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

I hope this is the proper way to ask for this. I have looked elsewhere to no avail. I do many bearing repair jobs on a variety of machines and have found that purchasing bearings localy is a LOT cheaper than kits. I even found an LG guy that will sell me the seals that are only available to LG service guys.

Here is the problem, I can't seem to find JUST the seal for certain makes of washers.

I ask now, Is there a source here or does anyone know a source to purchase JUST the seal for the Cabrio washers. I don't want the kit #W10435302

Any help would be appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Good luck with that if you don't want the kit, You will spend half a day getting the old bearing out, it's not worth the time and aggravation just to save a little bit of money.

Scott Wolf

#3 Garpy

Garpy

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thanks Scott

From the repair guide and videos It looks like whether I use my own bearings and find a seal or use a kit will be about the same amount of work. (bearings need to come out either way) If that's correct then I think it will be worth it. Off the shelf bearings run around $10.00 each and most seals that I can actually find run up to $15.00 so $35.00 compared to close to $100.00 makes it a doable repair.  I'm retired and have nothing but time. I rebuild appliances for low income families so I REALLY need to work at keeping cost down.

Thank you for your input

Edited by Garpy, 07 February 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#4 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

why dont u buy 1 kit then go from those to buy  your off the market ones

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Maybe you could re-use the old seal, try adding an o-ring, or o-rings, under the lip of the seal and fill the entire void under the seal with synthetic or marine grease. It would be cheap, might be a worthwhile  experiment.

Are you using the factory tool to press the bearings into place?

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics