LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE range Jbp21bh1wh Tech sheet request

DurhamAppliance

Thanks Sensei! Went to the call this morning and found a tech sheet. It was no help. It actually slowed me down. The board on the oven was showing the door was locked when it wasn't. The dumb tech sheet said 'when the door is unlocked  pins 1-3 should show no continuity' . It actually used the infinity symbol with "Ohm" beside it.  

It then said ' when the door is locked pins 1-3 should show no continuity'  using the infinity symbol with "ohm" beside it as well. I had a "duh" moment for a while as the pins on the oven were showing continuity with door  locked and unlocked. I gathered myself, cursed the tech sheet and immediately disconnected the wires from the microswitch on the lock.

The customer-landlord was happy as the problem came after the tenant used self clean. Disconnecting the microswitch solved the problem and prevented the tenant from using self clean again.

The manual you sent has it correct...the tech sheet or more accurately, the tech sheet writer, was just plain dumb.

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 2