Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire frontload washer, LTF2140FS1

LTF2140FS1 Door latch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Complaint that door not locking, thus machine dead.    Arrive at residence, not the best housekeeping.   Machine is 4 years old & looks 12,  door is rusting like crazy.  Stacked unit crammed in between overstuffed cabinet & huge refer.   Looks like hours job just to get room to work on unit.  Not what I want to do.  But, I attack anyway.   Go in from front, pull boot, get door latch out.  Not sure how to test unplugged from harness, have no tech sheet anyway knowing what to ohm.   Have continuity with some resistance between the black do hickey with 2 terminals.  The other 4 terminals have no continuity no made which combination I use (more than likely have continuity with latch locked.

None-the-less reinstall plug in connections after checking for corrosion on terminal ends.     Close door, push start,  Click it locks,  starts to fill.   I cycle on off several times.  Works like it suppose to.    South Texas coastal weather plays heck with electronics.

Question:  Going to replace latch assembly.  RC suggests replacing wiring harness which is twice the cost of latch.   I would have to pull top dryer & everything else down plus move some heavy stuff to replace harness.   What are your comments every one who has replace frigidaire front load door latches?    I am also going to rebuild door per customers instruction.   Customer does not want to purchase new stack-able cause this one works fine according to her.  I would like to keep the repairs somewhat reasonable in price without shortchanging myself.   Is the harness necessary or would I be compromising the warranty.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

... Is the harness necessary

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1531974

Door-or-Lid-Latch-Assembly-131763202-015

from RepairClinic part description:
Door lock and switch assembly.
A select few washers will require a new wire harness kit and door strike for this item to work per the manufacturer.
If assembly does not wire directly in, see Related Items for harness and strike.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Anytime Nick

Anytime Nick

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I haven't yet run across one that needed a new harness, but from the wording of that, sounds like some out there have a slightly different harness/latch from the factory, and the replacement latch crosses to this one. So if the one you took out is the common one like pictured above, I wouldn't worry about the harness.

If you did have to have it moved out, in that scenario, ask the customer to have it done before you return, noting that the alternative is for you to charge them extra for you to do it. Don't short change yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics