My Amana BB120te bottom freezer fridge, is maintaining a Fridge temperature of 38 degrees, and the Freezer only goes down to 24 degrees.
A month ago this unit was not defrosting. The adaptive control circuit board was bad and replaced. At that time, since the unit is 16 years old and we want to get a few more years out of it, the defrost thermostat, defrost heating element, and door seals were also replaced. Everything was good with the world until last week!.
Now, the freezer does not get cold enough.
What I've done:
1. checked the temperature control and it passed the resistance tests.
2. checked to see if the condenser was on, it is, and if it was hot to touch, it's not.
3. checked to see if condenser fan is working, it is.
4. checked to see if evaporator fan is working, it is.
5. checked defrost cycle, it works.
6. checked door switches, lights go out in fridge and freezer.
7. drank a six pack out of frustration last night.
8. asking for ideas today.
Thanks in advance,