Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gary

Kenmore Laundry Center 417.99680210

6 posts in this topic

Hello.  I think I know the answer to my question, but I want to run it by the experts first.  A few weeks ago the dryer timer stopped working properly.  For example, if the dryer is set for one hour, the timer will only have moved about 20 minutes after an actual hour of drying time.  I think the following is the problem:

131063200 (sub 131719100) Dryer Timer Control Assembly.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/131719100/408125

Is that what I need to fix things up?

Cheers,

Gary

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... the timer will only have moved about 20 minutes after an actual hour of drying time.

on Timed Dry

OR Automatic Dry ?

How's the Vent system ?

Few more questions to consider: Does it eventually shut off? Is there an auto dry mode, if so, what happens when you use it?

Lol Reg you still the quickest draw around... Beat me by ¥ that much

As far as I know we've only ever used the Timed Dry feature.  As far as ever turning off...  I just checked with my wife and she doesn't know if it would ever turn off.  I believe the vent system is OK.  It's been the same configuration for the past 15 years.  I have checked the vent pipe in the past, but don't recall the last time.  Maybe 3-4 years ago?  The dryer does dry clothes the same as always.  But no we set the stove timer to remind us to turn the dryer off.

... timer will only have moved about 20 minutes after an actual hour of drying time

Clean your Vent System

Vent should be rigid metal.

Short lengths of flexible metal may be OK, if not crimped when moving the Dryer into place.

NO plastic

NO PVC

NO screws

Foil Duct Tape is OK.

With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat, the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F

Disconnect the Dryer Vent and check for good air-flow there and where it exits the house.

Check the Vent air temperature at the back of the Dryer.

If you have a Harbor Freight Store near you,

$ 3.99 sometimes on sale for $ 2.99

image_1255.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0