Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Laundry Center 417.99680210

Dryer wont shut off

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gary

gary

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hello.  I think I know the answer to my question, but I want to run it by the experts first.  A few weeks ago the dryer timer stopped working properly.  For example, if the dryer is set for one hour, the timer will only have moved about 20 minutes after an actual hour of drying time.  I think the following is the problem:

131063200 (sub 131719100) Dryer Timer Control Assembly.

http://www.repaircli...31719100/408125

Is that what I need to fix things up?

Cheers,

Gary

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

... the timer will only have moved about 20 minutes after an actual hour of drying time.

on Timed Dry

OR Automatic Dry ?

How's the Vent system ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 3,976 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Few more questions to consider: Does it eventually shut off? Is there an auto dry mode, if so, what happens when you use it?
Appliantology is, however appliances are not, an exact science for I know there are a few refrigerators that actually hate me.

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct and least expensive one, unless it's your compressor or motherboard" Occam as an appliantologist

"When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth; unless it's your compressor or motherboard." Mr. Spock as an appliantologist

"I think, therefore I have no earthly idea why this thing is not working...I got nothin'...". Rumored to have been uttered by a frustrated Descartes while diagnosing his GE Profile.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 3,976 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Lol Reg you still the quickest draw around... Beat me by ¥ that much
Appliantology is, however appliances are not, an exact science for I know there are a few refrigerators that actually hate me.

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct and least expensive one, unless it's your compressor or motherboard" Occam as an appliantologist

"When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth; unless it's your compressor or motherboard." Mr. Spock as an appliantologist

"I think, therefore I have no earthly idea why this thing is not working...I got nothin'...". Rumored to have been uttered by a frustrated Descartes while diagnosing his GE Profile.

#5 gary

gary

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

As far as I know we've only ever used the Timed Dry feature.  As far as ever turning off...  I just checked with my wife and she doesn't know if it would ever turn off.  I believe the vent system is OK.  It's been the same configuration for the past 15 years.  I have checked the vent pipe in the past, but don't recall the last time.  Maybe 3-4 years ago?  The dryer does dry clothes the same as always.  But no we set the stove timer to remind us to turn the dryer off.

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

... timer will only have moved about 20 minutes after an actual hour of drying time

Clean your Vent System

Vent should be rigid metal.
Short lengths of flexible metal may be OK, if not crimped when moving the Dryer into place.
NO plastic
NO PVC
NO screws
Foil Duct Tape is OK.
With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat, the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F
Disconnect the Dryer Vent and check for good air-flow there and where it exits the house.
Check the Vent air temperature at the back of the Dryer.

If you have a Harbor Freight Store near you,
 $ 3.99 sometimes on sale for $ 2.99
image_1255.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics