Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

certified tech group 51

K/M 110.21302010 No Start

3 posts in this topic

Got to the machine , push start, lid lock light comes on...Hear some motor noise but that is it.........tip unit back and the shield has a curved groove cut into it........Drop the shield and the belt is off the pulleys.......Driven pulley is wobbly on the splined shaft.....Causing the belt to walk off the drive pulley...belt is slightly damaged, the motor/drive pulley is damaged at the lower end..... Now I can replace the driven pulley P/N W10006356 and the belt P/N W10006384.....But the drive/motor pulley that is a different story......Buy the pulley for  about $ 135 clams and get a free motor.. What a deal... :thumbsup: ...( Can you say Maytag motor pulley???)....... In the mean time till I return with a new belt and driven pulley, I installed this washer to keep the pulley on and NO wobbling.....DSCF1913_zps4d8add63.jpg.....Had the washer from an old M/W install.......I think I will buy a few belt/ pulleys for future calls..........This sounds like a common failure......P.S  Any links to just the motor pulley????...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

There's a Whirlpool service bulletin about this, they want you to use blue loc tite on the shaft when you reinstall the nut for the splutch pulley.