Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

scdgoofy

Gas cook top; only one burner sparking; Frigidaire FGC3X4XFSA

4 posts in this topic

Howdy,

I have a 4 burner Frigidaire FGC3X4XFSA gas cook top.  The front right burner sparks and lights just fine.  However, the other three burners have a problem.  When I try to spark and light them, they all spark the front right burner.  They will emit gas, but the spark is on the wrong burner.  I can manually light these other three burners, but I would like to get them all sparking and lighting on the proper control knobs.

Thanks!

-Steve

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This is probably not related but I thought I would throw it in here. I recently decided to scrub the buildup off my gas burners with oven cleaner and soapy water. I got them so wet that three of them would no longer spark. I got a toothbrush and rinsed the spark tip off with fresh water and used a can of pressurized air from my computer room to blow out the excess water. When they dried they started sparking just fine again.

1 person likes this

This is probably not related but ...

definitely related ...

the "spark" is high-voltage ..

If the Ignitor terminals are wet.. they won't let the "spark" build up enough voltage to "jump" the gap

2 people like this