Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Electrolux Induction range E15 fault

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kramtheman

Kramtheman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Miller

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hey guys,
Hoping someone has battled this before.
Have a model EW30IS65JS.
Induction cooktop not working goes right to E15.fault.

I read service manual and fault says check cables and if not corrected change ucp board.
Well checked cables and changed board and still have same problem!
I wish electrolux had a more detailed troubleshooting guide. Very vague .

Anyone run into this?
Don"t want throw more parts at this thing. I"ve checked all controller inputs and outputs . Believe it's a communication error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kramtheman

Kramtheman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Anyone have any guidance? Wife is on me everyday for not having a cook top on our range

#3 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Sorry, couldn't post that.

I know electrolux has been plagued with this issue

This is all I can find on problem.

You have an error between the control board and electronic oven control.
1. Test the harness and connections from EOC connector P16 to Oven
Relay Board J2. 2. Replace the Oven Relay Board. 3. Replace the
EOC.

Your probably thinking it's your cooktop, not your oven, but, that's what your suppose to check anyway.

I would warn ya that people have replaced both only to still have the same problem. So inspect carefully.

Edited by tpoindexter, 14 February 2013 - 12:28 AM.

Test

#4 Kramtheman

Kramtheman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Yes not having any luck. Tried calling electrolux tech support but wouldn't help me. Told them I was appliance service tech for several years before going into industrial refrigeration and I'm more then qualified .

Said that I have to be an authorized dealer.

Just wish there was specifics for diagnosing eash control Board on the communication side.

Hoping someone out there has had this problem and through there pain they found a solution

Thanks again

#5 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

This is a response Electrolux made to another customer dealing with the e15 error.

You might e-mail him and see what you get back. Let us know if this was helpful.

Posted by Chris Polk on 2011-06-22
I apologize for the inconvenience and concerns this oven unit has been
causing you. I would like to further assist you but in order to do so,
will you please email me directly at Chris.Polk@Electrolux.com with your
unit's model/serial information, personal name, address, phone number
and date of purchase of the unit?

When you send the email please make sure to have "HELP CENTER"
somewhere in the subject line for tracking purposes. This way I can
create a footprint in our system when the account is created. You will
have proof of our correspondence and if you ever need to reference it in
the future you will have a reference number.

Thank you in advance for supplying me the information needed. Please
include any other pertinent information concerning this unit. I look
forward to further resolving this matter.

Chris Polk
Online Outreach Representative
Electrolux Major Appliances, North America
Chris.Polk@Electrolux.com

Edited by tpoindexter, 14 February 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Test

#6 Kramtheman

Kramtheman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for all your help.

I decided to inspect all million control boards on the oven even though it was only effecting the cooktop . low and behold found a blown up resistor on oven relay board.

I don't even see a communication cable from oven relay board but I can't see it not being related.

Will keep you posted

#7 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

http://www.repaircli...W30IS65JS-==c13

Test

#8 Kramtheman

Kramtheman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Installed new oven relay board. Still not fixed!

I give up !

Thank you all for your help.

#9 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,953 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Did you test/reset thermal cutoff? According to the manual regarding f15 error code..A f15 oven controller error code can accompany an e15 esec error code and be shown simultaneously. This is a prime indication that the thermal cutoff inside the front console is open. This happens if the cooling fan is deficient. Check/reset cutoff and test fan. When cutoff is open, power is cut to the oven control board and the esec board.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#10 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Did you test/reset thermal cutoff? According to the manual regarding f15 error code..A f15 oven controller error code can accompany an e15 esec error code and be shown simultaneously. This is a prime indication that the thermal cutoff inside the front console is open. This happens if the cooling fan is deficient. Check/reset cutoff and test fan. When cutoff is open, power is cut to the oven control board and the esec board.

F15 Controller self check failed or terminal cutoff open. 1) if the oven controller displays an F15 error code and the ESEC controller displays an E15 error code at the same time, this is a strong indication that the safety thermostat (thermal cutoff) inside the front console opened. The primary reason for a safety thermostat to open is a deficiency of the cooling fan. With a ohmmeter, verify if the thermostat tripped. Reset the thermostat is needed and verify operation of the cooling fan. Note: the safety thermostat, when open, cuts AC power to the oven relay board (connector J4, pin 1 and 3) and the ESEC relay board (connector J1, pin and 3). 2) An F15 error code on the oven controller may indicate the oven controller is not receiving a synchronization signal from the relay board. One easy way to determine this is to power off the unit, power it on and start a Timer for 1 minute before the F15 error code appears. If the timer counts-down normally then the synchronization signal is okay. If the timer stays at 1:00 and does not countdown, then the synchronization signal is missing. If the synchronization signal is missing, check first if the oven relay board is receiving 120VAC correctly (J4 pin 1 and 3). Then check the wiring between connector J2 on the relay board and connector P16 on the oven controller. If AC power and wiring looks good and the problem is still there, replace the relay board. If problem persists, replace the oven controller. 3) The F15 error code may be caused by an oven controller failure. If the safety thermostat and

synchronization signal have been verified and tested good, replace the oven controller.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#11 Kramtheman

Kramtheman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Yes I ohmed out limit switch. Only getting an e15 error, no f15. Don't know what else to do.
Pretty ironic when the appliance tech can't fix his own range . Lol

#12 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,953 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I agree that it is a communication problem. If you tested all the wires then you are left with changing the other board(s) the one you changed communicates with... get it/them from Repairclinic and send it back if it doesn't fix the problem.

Sometimes being a parts changing monkey is all ya got left....     

Untitled.jpg

btw have you checked house current/voltage/grounding?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics