Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

certified tech group 51

True TSSU-60-16 prep table

6 posts in this topic

Unit has no charge.............Old R12 system.........A lot of work to convert to a newer refrigerant.........Plus with all of the grease , I probably burn the place down..........Do not know if Hot-Shot  is the way to go......I am leaning towards Choice  R420A, but my parts house has not heard of it....Suppose to have the same P/T relationship, plus use the same oil.............I already have the Hot-Shot on hand........Anyone else use R420A ????.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have used 420a as a drop in for 12 for a few years...always worked great for me...approx. 10% less than rated charge, if memory serves...

HotShot is fine.

Since you have it on hand,use it.

409A is another drop in replacement

Hot shot will work

True stopped using R12 in 1993-4 , so this unit is at least 19 years old

don't get married to it

I use hot shot for Old & new  R12 Or R134  also hot shot seems to clean small restrictions,  after charging add a "Leak Sealer"

unless u have a GE with the rusted return line witch normally u must replace due to the size of the HOLE (LOL).  Have used them for the last 2 years with %100 success.

There are 2 types 1 is delivered by the oil in the system the other witch I prefer is delivered by the freon.   Many brands most are the same.

Went to look for a jug of what i thought was R409 but it turns out to be  Suva MP 39 ( R 401A)........I think I will use the MP39.......... been there about 6 years , forgot about it....................This is what happens when the warehouse/shop has a lot of 'stuff' in it.. :rolleyes: ............Thanks  for the help.......