Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Patricio

GE Topload Washer GTWP1800D0WW

5 posts in this topic

Friend has a 5 month old GE washer.  Has it under warranty & had a factory authorized serviceman diagnose it as being out off balance.  Still out of balance cause it still bounces around.   Serviceman is coming back tomorrow & friend  ask me if I knew why it rocks & rolls so he can relay it. 

Got any ideas why?  I told him to run it in the rinse cycle with an empty load.  Friend used low water level   called me and informed me that he was a rough spin although not as rough as when loaded with clothes.  If the support rods weren't connected correctly I am sure the service man would have noticed.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have had a real rash of these puppies with the concrete counter-weight loose...makes it shake like a hell .

Not sure how he would have missed that but..

I knew that.  Senior moment.  :dazzler:    How  he missed it.... aaaa... not an independent. :whistling:   

Or not linked in to the samurai crew.

i had one where the weight came loose and it was in a basement and the customer did not hear the noise, by the time it stopped working i had to replace the tub, mode shifter, the base that the tub hangs on, the motor inverter and the weight,