Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

gew9250pl0 Whirlpool Duet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jkirksey1889

jkirksey1889

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

All kinds of crazy issues.  The control lock locks by itself sometimes.  And it unlocks itself sometimes.  Some of the lights on the led are dim sometimes.  Sometimes none of the lights will come on at all.  The pause / cancel button works sometimes, sometimes it dont.  The thing beeps sometimes, for no reason.

Once you get it started, if you can, it runs fine other than the beeping.  You might be able to pause or cancel it, you might not. 

Control board or bad touch panel? 

Everything is intermittent.  You have no idea at what point or time something will or will not do something. 

I'm thinking most likely it's the control board. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Is it giving any error codes?

Are all the harness connections tight?

Sometimes you can use and eraser on the board contacts to help the harness get a better connection.

Test

#3 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

did you put anything wet on top of the washer , lately or in the past few weeks ?

I have seen water get down in the touch pad and it cannot get out ......ever !

this is just what happens , washer will turn it self on in the middle of the night

lights flash , beeps for no reason , mind of its own

had one, bought used , sat out in a rain storm , control went nuts , would not dry out until we removed it and disassembled it and let it dry out

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#4 jkirksey1889

jkirksey1889

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for the advice.  I'll just have to see if the controls are wet, harness is tight, etc. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics