Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bit holder

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Like many of you I use the crap out of my driver. So I wanted something that would keep my main bits handy. I purchased this holder from Lowes, but it came with weak ceramic magnets that wouldn't hold them. So after buying some rare (which aren't actually that rare) earth magnets, removing the old and sewing it back up I have this little jewel, also has a belt clip which is where I wear it. The magnets have incredible strength, I used it all last week and didn't have one fall off.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Sorry, technical difficulties.

20130216_191508.jpg

#3 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

I keep 3 bits in my right pocket at all times , and nothing else

1/4

5/16

phillips/slot combo bit

these 3 bits do 98% of everything i need to do

the trick is to keep everything else out of that pocket , that way i am not fishing around other junk looking for them

I used to use the watch pocket , but Lee jeans had the great idea to make that pocket deeper the last few years , and now it's to deep to get anything out of

Edited by Cactus Bob, 16 February 2013 - 11:18 PM.

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#4 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Yeah I don't use the 1/4" adapter much but its handy sometimes. I can't stand to have bits in my pockets so this works great for me.

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,407 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

I have the holder and did the same modification to the magnetic wrist bit holder sold by Harbor freights. It works great even though I got a lot of kidding from you guys... See post good and bad of harbor freights (sorry can't cut and paste while using pad these days).

Lately, i keep bits in my pocket like cactus bob but I also keep a leatherman wave multitool in a leather pouch on my belt at all times and I have the bit attachment with it. There have been times when I am in a situation where I need a quick tool but my bag is not with me. For example, if i am squeezed in behind a dryer and need to reattach vent hose and don't want to squeeze out and back in again. Whip out leatherman... Use the included specially designed phillips bit or remove the bit, attach the bit holder which itself is a 1/4 driver and accepts standard bits, reach in my pocket and pull out a 5/16th bit and secure the hose. Use the flashlight app on my phone if I need a light.

In my toolbag I have one and sometimes two of those dewalt magnetic tough cases. In one I keep only bits and I keep assorted screws in another. On top of these small cases are two very strong magnets. Open the box and the magnet clamps easily to most appliances. I use the one with the bits to clamp on a fridge. Not only are a few useful tools in it but it is a great place to hold screws removed from customer's appliance. It can also be a good place to attach a clamp meter or as a platform to hold a standard meter that doesn't have a magnet attachment. On top of all that, the little yellow boxes are tough as hell. I have used then like wooden blocks to prop up a fridge. Two of them, placed strategically against a washer drain pan, will allow you to tilt a washer backwards, slide it forward, rest the front end of the washer on the boxes (they are just about the same height as the drain pan), then tilt the washer forward on the boxes and slide the washer out of the pan without damaging the pan. And as an added benefit, of all the cool tools and gadgets I use, customers marvel mostly at one of these brightly yellow boxes magically clamped to their appliance.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

thats what that little pocket is for!

i always thought it was for my zippo lighter

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics