Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Refrigerator TFX25NR

Patricio

Please point the way for a service manual.  Complaint is it works sometimes, icemaker is leaking, refrigerator leaks. 

I've had many of those complaints when the customer thinks the icemaker is leaking and then says it leaks out onto the floor a couple times a day. usually has nothing to do with the icemaker, just a plugged defrost drain. pull out the bottom basket and look for a 3/4" thick layer of ice under it and then you will find a iced over and plugged drain hole. Hopefully thats all it is and this helps.

Just noticed the "works sometimes" Does that mean it is stops cooling?

Older gentlman that I could not understand clearly.  Was told he has had problems with the refer over the years.  Could not get clear answers for the specific answers I asked him.  I am stopping by tomorrow to repair a leaking direct drive washer.  Going to look at the refer while I'm there.  Wanted to be prepared.  most of the appliances I have ssrviced as of late are missing service sheets.

The tfx models are your basic sxs fridges. No fancy computers and stuff. Standard Ge (pull on the ejector) Icemaker. I usually find the same thing Maytagman finds. This is one of those fridges that after prodding the customer, you get something like "oh yeah, we accidentally leave the freezer door open a lot. Is that important?" Sometimes you have to put the customer in a dark room with a couple of chairs, a folding table and a single swinging overhead lamp, to get proper answers. For the stubborn ones, I have my partner play bad tech to my good tech. For the really bad cases, I am developing a portable water board device, complete with plastic shrink wrapped flow charts.

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 2