Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Refrigerator TFX25NR

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Please point the way for a service manual.  Complaint is it works sometimes, icemaker is leaking, refrigerator leaks. 

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 maytagman

maytagman

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

I've had many of those complaints when the customer thinks the icemaker is leaking and then says it leaks out onto the floor a couple times a day. usually has nothing to do with the icemaker, just a plugged defrost drain. pull out the bottom basket and look for a 3/4" thick layer of ice under it and then you will find a iced over and plugged drain hole. Hopefully thats all it is and this helps.

Just noticed the "works sometimes" Does that mean it is stops cooling?

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Older gentlman that I could not understand clearly.  Was told he has had problems with the refer over the years.  Could not get clear answers for the specific answers I asked him.  I am stopping by tomorrow to repair a leaking direct drive washer.  Going to look at the refer while I'm there.  Wanted to be prepared.  most of the appliances I have ssrviced as of late are missing service sheets.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,926 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

The 1993 GE SxS service manual is the one you need, has tech sheets in the back as addendums, too ==> http://appliantology...r-1993-31-5237/

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,004 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

The tfx models are your basic sxs fridges. No fancy computers and stuff. Standard Ge (pull on the ejector) Icemaker. I usually find the same thing Maytagman finds. This is one of those fridges that after prodding the customer, you get something like "oh yeah, we accidentally leave the freezer door open a lot. Is that important?" Sometimes you have to put the customer in a dark room with a couple of chairs, a folding table and a single swinging overhead lamp, to get proper answers. For the stubborn ones, I have my partner play bad tech to my good tech. For the really bad cases, I am developing a portable water board device, complete with plastic shrink wrapped flow charts.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 20 February 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Appliantology is, however appliances are not, an exact science for I know there are a few refrigerators that actually hate me.

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct and least expensive one, unless it's your compressor or motherboard" Occam as an appliantologist

"When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth; unless it's your compressor or motherboard." Mr. Spock as an appliantologist

"I think, therefore I have no earthly idea why this thing is not working...I got nothin'...". Rumored to have been uttered by a frustrated Descartes while diagnosing his GE Profile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics