Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
lab76us

Frigidaire model # FTFB4000FS1 it wont drain or spin

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have Frigidaire model # FTFB4000FS1 it wont drain or spin. I think the problem started with a very heavy load. I cleaned the pump motor and drain hose and the filter basket. there was a few coins and hair and threads but not a lot. I also changed the wax motor (does the wax motor connecter need to be plugged in one way or does it make a difference if so how do you figure which way it plugs in). I was receiving e23 but when I replaced wax motor I got e21.I hear a hum when the washer should be draining

I would appreciate any help you can give me  

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The rule with front loaders is, "No pumpy, no spinny."  The hum you're hearing could be the sound of the pump motor trying to run but with the impeller jammed it's just humming.  Need to pull the pump out and turn the impeller with your finger, make sure it turns freely.  You may find something like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zenzoidman/sets/72157617111103075/show/

or this:

5018986559_9e081ce2a6.jpg

Also, disconnect the drain hose from the pump and blow through it to make sure it's not clogged.  

If the impeller and drain hose are clear, replace the drain pump ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/137108100/1467779?modelNumber=FTFB4000FS1

Drain-Pump-137108100-01078622.jpg

• Dear Fermented Grand Master,

• Thank you for your wise wisdom. The Impeller moves freely,so it's replace the pump motor.

I'm also replacing the motor control board 134743500. With your vast knowlege are there instructions to replace this part???

Thank you Sensei

Your Humble student

A Jay Burke

... so it's replace the pump motor.

... I'm also replacing the motor control board 134743500.

why both ?

did you check for 120v AC at the Pump Motor ?

why both ?

did you check for 120v AC at the Pump Motor ?

He's hearing the characteristic pump hum during pump out, meaning the pump is either trying to run and failing or it is running but the drain hose is clogged.  

hear a hum when the washer should be draining

Whoa! Master, I covet those hose clamp pliers laying in the bottom of that washer. You know the part number?

They're handy! I don't know the part number but I got 'em from Sears, they're standard automotive hose clamp pliers. I've refined my technique using a wet vac, as shown in this video:

do you have video to change the

Motor Control Board 134743500???

used you vac method and  not get a drop of water escaped