Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool washer CAP2761JQ0 Stops in spin

spin problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tinbendr

Tinbendr

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dt Mountain Dew

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

I have a washer that will wash fine the first turn of the day.  Then, any subsequent cycle the washer will stop and start during the second spin cycle.  The first spin after the wash is always ok. 

Sometimes the stop time is a few seconds, but usually average is about 1 minute.  This shortens the total spin time and leaves the washer 1/4 to 1/2 full of water.

I have replaced the motor, capacitor, and the timer. I have checked the hose for blockage, but it always drains fine after the wash sequence.

What else am I looking for?  I'm wondering it the transmission is binding during the spin?

David

Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 maytagman

maytagman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Lid switch? Maybe a bad connector @ the motor?

Edited by maytagman, 21 February 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#3 Tinbendr

Tinbendr

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dt Mountain Dew

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Lid switch?

Hmm.  I wouldn't think so, but I haven't actuated the switch when it stops. If I just watch it, it will start back.  Something to try. 

I also remember that I've had trouble with the electrical plug that location.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics