Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cityboysrus

MEDE300VW0 Keeps blowing Thermal Fuses

8 posts in this topic

This model doesn't have a tech sheet. The dryer has been vacuumed,thermal fuse was replaced(blown)  cut-off kit replaced and a lint trap kit was installed. Customer stated maintenance came and cleaned out the Ducting system and reassembled the vent hose. Dryer has stop working again. Does anyone have the tech sheet? Does anyone know the reading I should get on the thermistor? Lastly the element was ohmed to ground on both leads no shorts.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This model doesn't have a tech sheet. The dryer has been vacuumed,thermal fuse was replaced(blown)  cut-off kit replaced and a lint trap kit was installed. Customer stated maintenance came and cleaned out the Ducting system and reassembled the vent hose. Dryer has stop working again. Does anyone have the tech sheet? Does anyone know the reading I should get on the thermistor? Lastly the element was ohmed to ground on both leads no shorts.

"Customer stated maintenance came and cleaned out the Ducting system and reassembled the vent hose"

Double check the work of the maintenance guy. Also, if the ducting system has a power vent motor, check to make sure the motor is working.  There's normally a pressure switch on these, not unlike a water level pressure switch on a washing machine, that senses pressure and turns the motor on. Don't forget to check the vanes on the blower motor wheel; the vanes often stop up with lint so the motor doesn't end up moving much exhaust air. The thermistor is about 10K ohm. The Samurai has a featured article on testing vents.

Edited by Wingerman

describe (or photos) Vent system material / length / etc

I'll find out about the vent system in the morning. I'll double check everything you stated. Thanks fellas!!! :rocker:

relay on control board stuck closed, always heating.  Run it on air dry and see if it heats up

I gave a refund on this one and walked away. No tech sheet was available. The board had to be the issue,

I gave a refund on this one and walked away.

... and everything mentioned above was checked ?

was waiting for your responses

this may be similar

MEDE300VW1

Tech Sheet - W10258376.pdf

GOT THE TECH SHEET THANKS!!! YOU GUYS ROCK :rocker:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0