Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
reelynyceguy

Kitchenaid Nightmare

5 posts in this topic

Hi Brothers... Customer has a Kitchenaid range Model KGRA806PSS04 gas range that got whacked with 220 volts when a tree fell, knocking out the house neutral. It's dead...no display, but the electronic spark module still activates surface burners. There's no voltgage to the display from the "appliance center" board, but good voltage in to the that board. So I replaced the appliance center board yesterday, but still no juice to display. Without a wiring diagram or manual, I'm ripping my hair out. There are two thermodiscs mounted behind the console:no volts present at the left one, and 120v at the right one that activates the blower if I jump it out. House outlet has 120v and correct polarity.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks...

Edited by reelynyceguy

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks Reg, I looked for that fuse, but there's nothing behind the rear cover except wiring. Would it be hidden somewhere else?

(Therm-O-Disc) Fuse

TOD

PDF page 48 of KAC-42

Reg...Thanks for the manual and information. I was able to locate the transformer and found it had been cooked by the power surge. Replaced it and now everything works. Appreciate the help....no worse feeling in the world than flying blind.