Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag front end washer won't dispense fabric softener or bleach

dispense Maytag washer MHW6000XW2

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 themare

themare

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Homemade hard cider!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hi, guys!

Well, I bought a Maytag front end washer MHW6000XW2 last Feb. It will not dispense either the bleach or the fabric softener. I have removed the drawer and cleaned it (although it didn't need it). What could be the problem?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I have removed the drawer and cleaned it (although it didn't need it). What could be the problem?

Hello, my undispensed friend.  I am curious as to how you arrived at the conclusion that the dispenser did not need cleaning out.  How in-depth did you go with your reaming?   Also, are you certain that the dispenser is being flushed with water?

Allahu Akbar!

#3 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

make sure your cold water inlet valve is clean,

#4 themare

themare

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Is the cold water inlet valve where the cold water hose attaches to the washer? (DUH?)

I don't think the dispenser is being flushed with water because the same amount of undiluted bleach and fabric softener remains in the cups.

#5 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I don't think the dispenser is being flushed with water because the same amount of undiluted bleach and fabric softener remains in the cups.

Hello, my unflushed friend.  I do believe our wise friend, Master sh2sh2, has identified your problem:  the cold water side of the water inlet valve is clogged.  The recommended repair is to replace the valve.  The risky alternative repair is to administer an enema to the inlet screen of the cold water side of the valve.  This carries the risk of flooding due to forcing sediment into the valve, causing the valve piston to stick open and unable to close.  May Allah and his 72 virgins watch over you.  

Allahu Akbar!

#6 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

set the washer for a cold wash/cold rinse

your washer only has one hot and one cold valve, so if the cold valve is plugged, the washer should not fill for wash either

i would not expect this washer to complete a cycle with the cold valve plugged, as it would get stuck when trying to fill for its cold rinse

you have a diverter motor on the dispensor of this model, i suspect it is stuck or not recieving power from the control

remove the lid of the machine, unplug the washer,wait a minute and plug in washer, the motor and cams on top of the dispensor should rotate and reset on power up

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

#7 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hello, BrntToast, my long-lost friend.  It gives an old Mujahideen warrior's heart much joy to read your technical prose once again.  

Allahu Akbar!

#8 themare

themare

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Well, once again, you are right on the money! I did what Brnt Toast recommended and he was right. I just ordered a cold water intake valve. Is it hard to put in? I live in a remote area of the Adirondacks and I have to do all repairs myself.

I also sent in a beer donation.

PS: One thing regarding the 72 virgins: Wouldn't it be a riot if those 9/11 terrorists found out the hard way that those 72 virgins were MALE?

#9 themare

themare

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Regarding my $10.00 beer donation: An accurate diagnosis from you guys all the time saves me $$$$$ dinero! I figure throwing you guys a case beats a $400.00 repair bill anytime!

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,365 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Mucho mega domos, Mare!  Always good to know that the problem was solved.  And thanks for your continuing suport!  

pejthcmc.gif

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,365 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

I just ordered a cold water intake valve. Is it hard to put in? 

Piece of pie!  

- get your digital camera 

- unplug washer

- shut off water valve at wall

- take photo of front of washer and control panel

- remove the top panel of the washer (three screws in back)

- take photo of inside washer

- unscrew fill hoses from back washer-- these attach to the valve that you'll be replacing

- take photo of inside washer showing valve

- remove feed tube from valve inside washer

- remove valve mounting screws from back of washer

- install new valve in reverse order

- pop a cold one and post photos in the Gallery section of this site 

gjqsjkbh.gif

One thing regarding the 72 virgins: Wouldn't it be a riot if those 9/11 terrorists found out the hard way that those 72 virgins were MALE?

Apparently, there is a good case to be made for this interpretation and it is a matter of discussion among Muslims... http://www.albatrus....ns_and_boys.htm

Perhaps our good friend, Moostafa, can enlighten us.  

#12 themare

themare

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

I did it! It was easy! I took pictures like you said, but installing it was so easy it made the pictures look stupid. Thanks so much again!

#13 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,365 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Stupid for you is brilliant for someone else!  Never underestimate your own repair prowess.  

Please post the pics if you git'em.  If you need help, email 'em to me and I'll post 'em:  samurai _at_ appliantology dot org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics