Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Patricio

Maytag Alantis MAV6200AWW

3 posts in this topic

Looked at maytag this morning.  Spin cycle has extremly loud clunking/roaring sound.  Water all on drain pump.  When partially filled with water & put in spin cycle no leakage evident.  Under tub sling pattern of rusty stains evident.  Cannot turn tub by hand very easily but it turns plenty OK under motor power.   My conclusion bearings are bad.   Is it worth repairing, bearings on repair clinic available & not to expensive.  Blue book labor is $200-$245  I want to quote $350 for complete repair.  Advise please

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my roaring friend.  Based on your description of the staining under the tub, I would venture to say that you will need the tub seal kit in addition to the bearing.  The leaking tub seal is most likely the reason the tub bearing decayed.  The triple-seal bulletin will assist you in this unholy endeavor.  And if you are not a Muslim, I would recommend that you convert prior to undertaking this repair because you will need Allah and all 72 of the virgin boys to help you with this repair.  

:turned: I take that as not only No, but HELL NO. :dazzler: