Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

megadan66

Bosch SHX4AP05UC/05 dishwasher

16 posts in this topic

If I could get the manual please. Thanx Dan

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sorry to say Samurai that manual doesn't cover the SHX4AP05UC/05 model. The problem I'm having is the soap door doesn't open. And there was no tech sheet for me to put it into diagnostic mode.

Hmmm, you sure that model number isn't SHX46AP05UC/05?

Okay, that IS the Placenta model, says it right in the photo you posted (except they're calling it "Ascenta").  The manual I linked you to is the only one Bosch has put out for that model line.  The dispenser is covered in that manual, too. 

4.11 Dispenser

The dispenser is located in the middle of the inner door and reliably dispenses detergent and rinse-aid.

Wow can't see how I can diagnose the dispenser with that info. Can you ? Might have to give this one up to Bosch, who will probably just parts change.

What do you do when you can't get good documentation to repair something. Samurai ? 

The problem I'm having is the soap door doesn't open.

4.11 Dispenser

The dispenser is located in the middle of the inner door and reliably dispenses detergent and rinse-aid.

Awwite, compadre, now you gotsta 'spain something to a graying ol' Samurai:  how izzit that the dispenser reliable dispenses detergent if the "soap" [sic] door doesn't open?  

Might have to give this one up to Bosch, who will probably just parts change.

Hell, budrow, we can parts change with the best of 'em!  Just replace the dispenser, that's most likely the problem anyway ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Detergent-Dispenser/645208/1557592

Detergent-Dispenser-645208-01157839.jpg

If that doesn't fix it, just return it for a refund!  You're only risk is shipping.

What do you do when you can't get good documentation to repair something. Samurai ? 

That's when I has to rely on my Samurai Kidneys ™.   Yessir, anyone can use brains to solve problems, brains is cheap.  But it takes a double-extra special secret Samurai trick to use kidneys to solve problems.  

Yea just wanna keep the customer happy. Have had problems in the past parts changin in this kind of situation. Thanx fer yer help

Okay, but, you still haven't explained how the detergent door doesn't open yet it still dispenses detergent reliably.  smoking.gif

Maybe their only using the prewash dispenser. Just a saturday night thought. :drunkass:

No that's about all it says in the manual u sent me about the dispenser. The problem is the doors not opening.

Edited by megadan66

The solenoid in the dispenser assembly may be burned out.  Check its resistance.  

Anything other than 0 we assume its good ? In the old days I'd put 120vac to it and see if it open.Wish I had a schematic for that thing. Oh and thanx fer ur help !

Yep, you're just looking to see if it's open (really high resistance in the mega-ohms range).  Here's the notoriously cryptic wiring diagram ==> http://appliantology.org/files/file/638-bosch-shx4ap05uc05-dishwasher-wiring-diagram/

I also found an updated Bosch Ascenta repair manual that goes into more detail about the dispenser ==> http://appliantology.org/files/file/637-bosch-ascenta-dishwasher-repair-instruction-manual/

Here's a photo of the back of the dispenser assembly showing the solenoid:

01158031.jpg

You're better off just replacing the whole dispenser.

Moving this to the Kitchen Forum since we've gone beyond a simple manual request.   :smile: