Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore not draining completly fixed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bmmc

bmmc

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

m#417.48102700 customer complaint was not pumping all the water out & goes into spin with water still in tub.diagnostic mode showed error code 21,not draining completely.pump was clean but large hose from pump to outer tub had debris visible in it.need to remove this large hose to clean it out.service manual says to access this pump & hose from the front of machine.there is no lower kick plate to remove.the control panel & front cover has to be removed which involves removing door,bellows, door latch,ect.instead i turned the machine upside down.there is a large oval hole on the bottom plate which you can work thru.inside the large hose there is a plastic filter which was completely filled with lint,bobby pins,coins,nails,screws,ect.it is not really a filter but a plastic cup with holes in it.the cup has to be worked carefully out of the hose to clean it.it was quite a job but i thought easier than removing the whole front of the machine.you can go to sears parts with the m# & see the hose & filter.hope this helps someone else.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

no front access panel,
but what about this large rear service access panel ?
http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1063840

Access-Panel-134364300-01397073.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

no front access panel,
but what about this large rear service access panel ?
http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1063840

Access-Panel-134364300-01397073.jpg

Sure, if your arms are long enough and you don't mind getting your arms cut up by the sharp sheet metal edges.

Scott Wolf

#4 maytagman

maytagman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well I can't say I have ever tipped one upside down.  I usually just pull it forward, lean it back and work thru that hole in the bottom.  Not a big deal after you do a couple.  I still have no idea why the hell they couldn't leave the lower panel the way it was.  If I remember right they look like they have a lower panel but when you get up close you realize the front is all 1 piece. Just dumb.

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Anything to save a buck and discourage DIY repairs.

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics