Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Jairo Assis

GE GDWF100R10BB Diswasher not filling

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I am new to the site. My washing machine is driving me crazy, I hope someone could point me in the right direction.  :thumbsup:

Problem: Dishwasher won't fill.

This is what I have tried so far to diagnose the problem:
  1. Checked the inlet valve by running 120V through it. It started up fine and filled the dishwasher with water. (I am assuming the valve is ok!)
  2. I bypassed the float switch, but the inlet valve did not start up.
  3. Because the inlet valve did not start up when the float switch was bypassed, I measured the voltage that it was receiving from the ... Wherever ... and it was only 5V. Correct me if I am wrong but I though that the inlet valve operates at the 120V range.

So, as a conclusion, I am assuming that the problem is with whatever sends the voltage to the inlet valve. I don't really know what that is. Can anyone shed a light on my situation. Are any of my assumptions above not correct? Where should I go from here?

Thanks for the help!  :wink:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Good job troubleshooting this far!  

Here's the minimanual for your dishwasher ==> http://appliantology.org/files/file/635-ge-gdwf100r10bb-dishwasher-minimanual/

Jump on up to the J2 connector on the control board and see if you're getting 120vac between pins 5 and 9.  If not, the the circuit board is is toast.  

actually between J2 pin 5
and through the Door Interlock Switch :whistling:    to J1 pin 1 (neutral)

Oops! Missed that pesky little switch. Good catch, Reg!

Thanks for the help guys! The mini manual really came in handy!  :woot:

Strange thing is that when I reconnected everything it just worked! Maybe it was a loose cable or something. You guys rock!  :rocker:

Thanks for letting us know!  It was probably just an oxidized contact on one of the molex wire harness connectors.  Good job!