Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Electrolux Microwave Door Hinge MOD# PLMV169DCD

Microwave PLMV169DCD DOOR HINGE LOOSE CLICKS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kwai Chang Jackso

Kwai Chang Jackso

Unsui

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hi, I have a Electrolux Microwave MOD#PLMV169DCD Ser #7G62900622 with door problem.  Thought I'd ask before deconstruction proved not economically repairable. The door's bottom hinge is loose or disconnected inside the cabinent I think. It looks like a screw was there but I think not since there is not one at the top and the top works fine.  Top & Bottom hinges are attached to the door okay. But It appears, the bottom hinge is loose inside the cabinent.  Is this something repairable with a screw or is it welded inside the cabinent?  Thanks in advance.Attached File  PLMV169DCD Microwave hinge.jpg   121.27KB   10 downloads

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

A really short pan-head screw will work...I have fixed a few of these like this.
Make sure the door closes with out hitting it...would be a good idea to test for leakage...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 Kwai Chang Jackso

Kwai Chang Jackso

Unsui

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hey Neighbor Kurtius, What's your preferred method or tool for testing for leaks? Thanks for replying.  I'll put a short pan-head screw in it. 

#4 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Sorry I assumed you were a tech...

Microwave leakage tester...been so long since I bought mine I can't remember where I got it or how much....

Maybe check repair clinic..
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#5 Kwai Chang Jackso

Kwai Chang Jackso

Unsui

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

No.  Just a lowly Grasshopper.  However leveraging my electronics background (way back in the tube and magnetic core days) and thanks to my membership (info) here, I have fixed a few appliances and gotten in good with some of the in-laws and praise from the wife :-).  Did a quick search.  I see that in 2005 the Grand Master recommended the Microwave Test Kit A138, Item #1668485    (OEM Part) now $59.40, Microwave leak detector, Manufacturer Number A138.  Currently out of stock until 28 March - 8 Apirl.  I would say it is worth the peace of mind.  Thanks again

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

...  Currently out of stock until 28 March - 8 Apirl.

OR
maybe this one
(note: WiFi networks use the same frequency)

411DE7yNDeL._AA160_.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Microwave, PLMV169DCD, DOOR, HINGE, LOOSE, CLICKS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics