Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Kwai Chang Jackso

Electrolux Microwave Door Hinge MOD# PLMV169DCD

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Electrolux Microwave MOD#PLMV169DCD Ser #7G62900622 with door problem.  Thought I'd ask before deconstruction proved not economically repairable. The door's bottom hinge is loose or disconnected inside the cabinent I think. It looks like a screw was there but I think not since there is not one at the top and the top works fine.  Top & Bottom hinges are attached to the door okay. But It appears, the bottom hinge is loose inside the cabinent.  Is this something repairable with a screw or is it welded inside the cabinent?  Thanks in advance.post-65970-0-97556000-1362339513_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

A really short pan-head screw will work...I have fixed a few of these like this.

Make sure the door closes with out hitting it...would be a good idea to test for leakage...

Hey Neighbor Kurtius, What's your preferred method or tool for testing for leaks? Thanks for replying.  I'll put a short pan-head screw in it. 

Sorry I assumed you were a tech...

Microwave leakage tester...been so long since I bought mine I can't remember where I got it or how much....

Maybe check repair clinic..

No.  Just a lowly Grasshopper.  However leveraging my electronics background (way back in the tube and magnetic core days) and thanks to my membership (info) here, I have fixed a few appliances and gotten in good with some of the in-laws and praise from the wife :-).  Did a quick search.  I see that in 2005 the Grand Master recommended the Microwave Test Kit A138, Item #1668485    (OEM Part) now $59.40, Microwave leak detector, Manufacturer Number A138.  Currently out of stock until 28 March - 8 Apirl.  I would say it is worth the peace of mind.  Thanks again

...  Currently out of stock until 28 March - 8 Apirl.

OR

maybe this one

(note: WiFi networks use the same frequency)

411DE7yNDeL._AA160_.jpg