Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

PLD3465REC0 crazy frigidaire dishwasher intermittent "Er" and "PF" codes.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Sometimes the dishwasher runs fine. Sometimes the touchpad becomes unresponsive and the display shows the "Er" or "PF" codes. I went over to do a frontloader washer/dryer installation and my client asked,

"Oh, by the way, can you look at the dishwasher?"

The dishwasher drain line was clogged at the garbage disposal. I unclogged that and I was able to drain the nasty water from the dishwasher by pressing the "cancel" button. But, it has this serious issue of these 2 codes and unresponsive touchpad at times.

I put in the service manual request a few minutes ago.

Any suggestions thus far, or do you guys need more info?

:thanks:

Edited by Sunlight Appliance, 03 March 2013 - 06:27 PM.

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

the first thing I'd do is go right to the electrical box under the unit and check the wire nuts. sounds like a loose neutral. Quite often the installers reuse the old red wire nuts that came with the original unit 2 dishwashers  ago. Just a thought....

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#3 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

After checking the connection, I'd verify power to the board, while pressing the buttons. In the past have had moisture mess up the touch pads, but it hasn't been that common lately.

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#4 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

intermittant err  pf on these machines can be a bad latch(do a wiggle test on the door while machine is running)

can be a bad board

or...  it could be the board is detecting a short or high current draw and shutting down the machine(this is rare,but i have seen a bad wash motor cause this)

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

#5 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

Thank you guys for the advice! The landlord is holding the original tech to repair the unit. So I have not been given the opportunity to return. (They had a tech out who thought he repaired it. He charged "a lot" so the landlord is bringing him back. So, whatever.)

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics