Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid refrig ice maker problems

kitchenaid refrig icemaker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mpm8789

mpm8789

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

So I installed a new ice maker in this unit and now the unit is leaking out of the front of the ice maker when it fills up.  There is no hole but it seems to be filling up too much and the water is coming over the top of the ice mold.  I am wondering what to do now.  I made sure the ice maker wasn't sagging down or anything.  The ice maker looked different and the mold seemed smaller and it had a double ejector bar.  Unfortunately I threw out the old ice maker so I can't use that at all.  I was thinking since the ice maker looked different I might need to order a new water inlet valve.  

model number KFIS20XVMS2
part #    W10300024  ice maker

Thank you,
Michael

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,439 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Can you post a photo of the ice maker as it's installed in the freezer?

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

According to Whirlpool, that's the right icemaker. Perhaps the fill tube isn't in the fill cup right.

Scott Wolf

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

Did you save the lower air diffuser bracket and the fan/cover from the old ice maker before throwing it away?

Neither of those parts appear to come with the new ice maker and would have to be removed from old and put onto the new one before installing it.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 mpm8789

mpm8789

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

I don't have a picture unless I go back to the customer house.  The new ice maker ejector blase were blue and had two prongs for ice cube section king in a v shape.  The fill tube seems to be in the right place because it fills up and then leaks out of the front a second later.  I thought it was because it was drooping slightly but now I have it completely flush against the top.  I used the old air diffuser and didn't have to take it out just unscrewed the three screws underneath and then unplugged ice maker and pulled it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics