Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Strathy

Whirlpool System 2000 Issue (with Video)

5 posts in this topic

Model - WST-64211.  Serial 6EH08539.  

This one was completely dead and the compressor was cold when I arrived.  I touched the little slider control and the green light went on.  Upon further inspection I found that there seems to be a dead spot on the slider - either side of the dead spot and the light goes on and the unit runs, but on the dead spot - everything is off. 

Is this a common issue?  Fixed by replacing the control?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Cannot view the video, it says it's private.

Also, that's a crazy model number.

Edited by Scottthewolf

Changed video tp 'public.' That should work.

I cannot find the model number , either ...........tried to goggle it and nothing.........Not that we do not trust you, but could you verify???? :thanks: .

I took the number right off the model/serial tag.  It is possible that my phone autocorrected it when I was typing it in though.  Not the 1st time this has happened!  Dang it!  

Right now the unit is working.  If I get back there I'll double check the number. 

I had not seen this kind of slider control before and I've not worked on the System 2000 much - I was just hoping others had experience with it!  

Thanks everyone!