Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid KUDW03CTBL0 Dishwasher not cleaning well

dishwasher kitchenaid KUD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fcrawley

fcrawley

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

I am working on a KUDW03CTBL0 Kitchenaid dishwasher, approximately 5-6 years old that has never had a problem. Started to leave some food on dishes so I removed the inner water ducts, lower spray arm, pump assembly cover and found a straw sticking out of the chopper cover (along with a lot of crud) so I removed and cleaned the chopper and all the other parts, wiped off the optical sensor, cleaned behind the water duct and reassembled it. I don't know if there is something wrong with the lower spray arm as it only spins freely when lifted 1/2 inch or so off the lower duct so that the lower spray arm hub contacts the inside of the lower duct where the seal goes between them. Ran fine but the last three loads are leaving some residue on stuff in the top. Wanted to find out if there is anything special about this optical sensor that could be causing it not to fill correctly or if maybe I've messed up the duct going up by re-assembling the lower arm. I did not recall it sitting that low when I took it apart, but it does now and won't stay up...thoughts? Is something amiss with my hub or does the lower arm only rise under water pressure? Anyone have a service manual for this series of dishwasher?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,868 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Are you certain that the wash pump is circulating water? Can usually tell by sound. If in doubt, place a glass right side up in the upper rack and run for one minute. Should be over half full. If not, then probably dealing with a bad check valve:

http://www.repaircli.../8268375/939846

Tear it down again and clean out all the Gookus in the pump assembly and replace the check valve. Let us know how it goes.

#3 fcrawley

fcrawley

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'll go through it again, but I checked the valve with my pinky last time...opened and closed correctly...well seemed to at least. Let me crack a cold one and get to it.

#4 fcrawley

fcrawley

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Ok. I'm going to get a new check valve, though the one that is there seems to be working correctly. It cycles just as it should but isn't getting the dishes as clean as it used to. I've run a diagnostic cycle on it to reset the optical sensor, but it seemed covered with a nasty gookus I couldn't get off. Ever had any trouble with the optical sensor? The manual I'm using from Mr. Patent office is for a B01 and doesn't mention the optical sensor, just the temperature and float sensors that it seems to have replaced. Also, is the lower spray arm supposed to "float" on its shaft? I've never seen one do that before, but it's the only way it would go back onto the assembly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics