Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hbar223

Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer f26&F28

2 posts in this topic

I've got a 5 year old Duet Sport Washer that is inoperative and has codes f26 and f28 showing when tested. I have read a few posts here that pointed to the MCU , and included tests for the motor. I ohm tested the motor per the instructions in one post. The motor ohmed fine, so I pulled the MCU , flipped it over and found 3 burned traces on the circuit board. I am ready to order a new MCU, but I wanted to ask if anyone knew of anything that might be shorted or causing an excessive draw that i should look for ? Im not sure , and wanted to seek a little advice before I install a new MCU and risk toasting it ! 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If you tested the motor windings and tach, plus you need the 120 vac to the MCU and 5 volts DC across pins 1 and 3 on the blue comm harness, then you're good. Get the part from repairclinic

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0