Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

likely timer failure in Fisher Paykel dryer DE60FA-US1

Fisher-Paykel dryer timer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 edl007

edl007

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Our dryer has become increasingly erratic. To start the dryer yesterday, I had to rotate the timer dial to "inappropriate" positions incl. some of the Off positions (for testing, I would then rotate it till the machine stopped at other arbitrary but immediately reproducible angular positions).

Today, when I got home from work, my wife said she could not get it to start at any position. I was able to get it going at just one position on the dial. I believe the timer needs to be replaced. Please let me know if this sounds right, or if there is any other likely explanation. I opened the control panel and have access to the timer (I removed its cover). I plan to call parts suppliers (local and perhaps online too) in the morning (tomorrow, Wed 3/6/13). I have the dryer manual (couple months ago) thanks to a helpful expert at Appliantology.

I was surprised to find a price of $230 at Sears online for the timer. That's rather high for just a timer, and, as I recall, about half of what the machine cost at Lowe's a few years ago. The timer label says it is a model M460-G, but I saw somewhere that this model no. applies to many dryer timers with variations, so I'll need to specify the dryer model no. and maybe serial no. too.

Thanks in advance for any advice, incl. where best to order the timer. We can manage without the dryer for a few days, so there is time to ship it by  2nd-day UPS or Fedex.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics