Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ASKO T721 Loose white wire

ASKO T700 T721 Dryer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jcramer

jcramer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Black and Tan

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

I replaced the belt kit on my ASKO T721 Dryer. In the process I knocked off one of the wires that connects to the back panel. It is a solid white wire and looks like the only solid white wire. It is within reach of about a half dozen terminals it could be connected to on a bar connected to the back with a lot of wires.

This bar is marked N but I do not see any indication on the circuit diagram TD22 as to what colors connect to this N. 

I called ASKO and they could not tell me. Just said call a service tech.

Talked to service tech and he did not have any idea either.

Is there a color coded diagram anywhere to match Circuit Diagram TD22 or does anyone know where I should reconnect the solid white wire on the back panel of this dryer?

I have pictures of the wires but they are too big to upload I will try to resize them.

Thanks in advance

Jerry

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 maytagman

maytagman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

I can't tell you where it goes, but a terminal that had a wire on it will usually have scrape lines on it. Look at the empty terminals for that. Use a magnifying glass like our parts rep does when we return a opened electrical component box! White would typically be a neutral wire on alot of things, but you never know for sure.

#3 jcramer

jcramer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

I looked for a connector that looked scratched but could not tell anything. I am still looking.

Thanks for the suggestion

Jerry

#4 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Trace what component the wire goes to.
That will give you a clue as to where it comes from.

#5 jcramer

jcramer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Well I ended up calling a repairman for this issue.

It turns out that ASKO prints codes on the connector ends of the wires which match up to numbers on the wiring diagram.

The service man traced every wire on the diagram only to find that the plain white wire was not included on the chart nor was it marked with a number to indicate its place on the chart.

The service man called ASKO tech support  who identified where the wire was to be connected. 

Which turned out to be the second post down on the upper relay (high heat relay).

Sorry I did not respond sooner. I had plumbing issues which took precedent over the dryer issues.

Dryer is working now at least as well as it worked before the belt broke.

I still have an issue but i will open a new thread for that.

Jerry 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics