Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanInKansas

K-Aide KUDI02FRSS0 -- poor sealing and bad touchpad

4 posts in this topic

post-56612-0-08259200-1362594719_thumb.jpost-56612-0-67382500-1362594731_thumb.jComplaint was non-responsive/intermittently responsive touch pad. User interface was warped upwards.

Took off outer door, door latch/switch assembly was covered with white gunk. 

Taking the latch assembly off I can see that the inner door is really bent where door latches.

There's no obvious reason for this bend -- I took the unit out a few inches and observed the door closing from multiple angles -- it's striking correctly and the installation wasn't bad. No torquing or twisting of door on the hinge.

My question  -- am I right in thinking the bent door is going to cause problems?  Or can I solve the moisture/hot air issue with a new gasket and leave the door as is.

Difficulty: customer will replace if a new door is needed and will repair if it's just the gasket and touchpad.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

These units are infamous for bad ribbons/touchpads. IMHO, I would not be eager to replace the inner door -- just the console.

2 people like this

Thanks!  I didn't know about this particular issue. Given how much crud has gotten inside the latch and touchpad, should I also replace the ribbon connector that goes from the touch pad to the control board?  That's on the parts drawing as a separate part and I would assume it's also been compromised. 

should I also replace the ribbon connector that goes from the touch pad to the control board?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it on hand when you go back. I carry that ribbon on my truck, so I guess it is a common part failure...

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0