Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

K-Aide KUDI02FRSS0 -- poor sealing and bad touchpad

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Attached File  Picture0306131215_2.jpg   44.89KB   13 downloadsAttached File  Picture0306131215_1.jpg   74.83KB   13 downloadsComplaint was non-responsive/intermittently responsive touch pad. User interface was warped upwards.

Took off outer door, door latch/switch assembly was covered with white gunk. 

Taking the latch assembly off I can see that the inner door is really bent where door latches.

There's no obvious reason for this bend -- I took the unit out a few inches and observed the door closing from multiple angles -- it's striking correctly and the installation wasn't bad. No torquing or twisting of door on the hinge.

My question  -- am I right in thinking the bent door is going to cause problems?  Or can I solve the moisture/hot air issue with a new gasket and leave the door as is.

Difficulty: customer will replace if a new door is needed and will repair if it's just the gasket and touchpad.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

These units are infamous for bad ribbons/touchpads. IMHO, I would not be eager to replace the inner door -- just the console.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#3 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Thanks!  I didn't know about this particular issue. Given how much crud has gotten inside the latch and touchpad, should I also replace the ribbon connector that goes from the touch pad to the control board?  That's on the parts drawing as a separate part and I would assume it's also been compromised. 

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

should I also replace the ribbon connector that goes from the touch pad to the control board?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it on hand when you go back. I carry that ribbon on my truck, so I guess it is a common part failure...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics