Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Food Grade Grease Specification?

Kenwood Prospero KM260 MX260 Food Grade Grease/Lubricant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Embroiderr

Embroiderr

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Hi,

My repairs on my Kenwood Prospero (MX260/KM260) continues -  I received the spare parts and installed them, however I am now in need of re-greasing the mixer head.  Does any one know the specifications for the food grade grease that I should use?  I want to be able to buy something locally in New Zealand rather than having to import more than I need from the UK.

Joanne

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

Crisco food shortening.

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Look for  Haynes 500 food grade grease.....Rated for 500 degs...F........also good for oven door hinges................

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kenwood, Prospero, KM260, MX260, Food Grade Grease/Lubricant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics