Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
alexeinspruch

Bosch nexxt premium dryer will not run, but turns on!

32 posts in this topic

After a little experiment in which a heavy item was placed into the dryer accidentally and dented the drum like hail damage......which probably did something to the dryer, all I get is in audible click when I try to run it. Everything turns on as normal lights up etc., And instead of starting the machine just makes a click noise. Lint filter light blinks too.....

Model WTMC632SUS/02

Help before wife kills me. This one is on me!

Edited by alexeinspruch

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Was it something like this?

Did you check for a broken belt?

I've not done anything. Waiting for you guys who are always right, to assist. Don't know where to start even!

Jump trout that was painful! I have a seven week old son and we are washing like mad. Had it been the washer I'd be DEAD.

To elucidate, I placed a protein powder canister containing river stones and a knife blade (stone washing at home) in the dryer along with towels to soften the impact of the canister bouncing around. It weighed maybe 5lbs? Guys do this all the time but they tape a towel around the canister to pad it....in my glee and haste, I skipped that step. End result is NOTHING happens when you start a drying cycle. Everything else acts and looks normal....press the button and a click and nada.....

Did you check for a broken belt?

How do I check the belt, just remove cabinet around drum?

You could be dealing with anything from a broken component to a wire that was knocked off. Hard to give a silver bullet answer on this one because of the array of possibilities. The best way to proceed would be to download the service manual from Downloads section of the site and use it to help you disassemble the unit and get some eyeballs on the innards. Then start using your meter and see where you're losing your voltage to the motor.

Gracias. Gotta figure out how to do that while I'm on vacation and not using the machine!

Edited by alexeinspruch

Nothing personal. Have your head examined.

You mean for doing what I did?

That's just how I roll.

I'm also hoping I could find a Bosch with a steam cycle like Samsung uses.....help me fix this one first!

Edited by alexeinspruch

Back home and took off the front panel. Thermal fuse is not indicating continuity. Set multimeter to ohms on lowest setting and NADA. Seems the audible click is coming from within the dryer drum cabinet and not from the control panel itself. We get power and a CLICK it nothing starts the motor turning......so thermal fuse checked? What else? Door switch?

Anyone?

Edited by alexeinspruch

Back home and took off the front panel. Thermal fuse is not indicating continuity. 

Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner!  You done found the problem, budrow.  Come git your grand prize.

I'm not skilled with the multimeter (even though I have a good one) so I have no idea if I'm setting it up and reading it right. My process Above, I now realize, was incorrect. I was testing the incorrect part and not the thermal fuse. Now I've got to figure out where the thermal fuse is on this thing.

Edited by alexeinspruch

I found the moisture meter...... Dammit. Definitely not the part you showed me. Or the thermal fuse. I can't see anything with the front panel off resembling a thermal fuse, thermostat, etc. I gotta check the back but does anyone know how to test the door switch?

Edited by alexeinspruch

This is the origin of the click I hear when pressing the start button, and still nada. The 220 plug etc runs into this relay, I guess.

32457BB7-05B5-41D4-9FFB-043AD78135EA-141

Edited by alexeinspruch

BUMP you Philistines!

Good news is I found the high temp thermostat. Of course this is located on the backside of the lint channel. So I have to open up the front of the machine again, and test that thermostat. It's such a cheap part. Here in Dallas the diagnosis and trip charge would probably come close to 100$ or $200 depending on how much time tech is here, & my washroom is tiny.

Edited by alexeinspruch

Let us know how it turns out!

Here's how it turned out. Thermostat isn't the issue. I replaced it today with soaring hopes, plugged it in, and CLICK! exact same noise and lack of action as before.

I have no idea what to do next and am getting frustrated.............tossing a hand grenade into this thing is next.

Reputable appliance guys can get here by Saturday....jeez thanks. Either I fix it, or I go to Lowe's and drop some major coin....which I really shouldn't do.

Can anyone help? PLEASE.

Edited by alexeinspruch

I reset the belt switch. Did not work either....

Edited by alexeinspruch

there a belt switch u have to reset at motor take the 25 screws off back

No that didn't do it either......control panel FUBAR I guess......

part 114?

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Bosch-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-WTMC632SUS01/1794/0151200/P0602024/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=WTMC632SUS-01

Issue is that model is an -01 and not a /02. 

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-and-Display-Board/435814/1100994?modelNumber=WTMC632SUS%2F02

Seems exactly what I have removed from my dryer and is for the /02.

April 11 backorder. Might be sleeping in the garage......

Edited by alexeinspruch