Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Metric Magnetic Nut Driver Bits

metric hand tools bits nut driver

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

One thing that came out in the training sessions at ASTI was the need to have metric, magnetic nut driver bits, especially 7mm.  Supposedly, there's a sexy set out there that's color coded an' everythang.  But finding one is like looking for the Yeti.  Anyone seen my Yeti?  Here, Yeti, Yeti, Yeti...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Adirondack Bob

Adirondack Bob

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

These are the ones that I have http://www.harborfre...-set-68519.html

I have the SAE and Metric. Both are magnetic

They aint pretty, but they work. Not sure if you have a Harbor Freight near you as the shipping probably cost more than the set.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Ordered 'em!  Domo, Brother Bob!   :rocker:

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,722 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I've been using that set for years. It's actually the first thing I reviewed in good and bad of harbor freight posts. Problem is, sometimes the magnets fall out.    I'm waiting for Milwaukee to make a metric set to go along with the shockwave impact duty  sae set...which I find more durable and stronger.  Btw  Adirondack, I was looking for you at the convention. I asked the samurai to point you out several times......you must know some secret from the last training session you guys attended that he did not want me to know.   I did meet several techs from NY . I might even met you but did not realize it. I did strike up a great friendship with  Richie from Long Island. We clashed on everything...politically, methodology..New York bravado vs Southern gentleness. The differences were striking yet we sought out each other  to battle on everything and laugh together on everything else. Loved the guy. Who knew...you New Yorkers  aint all bad! lol  

41CsPGIu8WL_SL500_AA300_PIbundle-4TopRig

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Ooo, purdy colors!  Me wantee!  

600full-zz-top.jpg

#6 Adirondack Bob

Adirondack Bob

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hey Durham, I was looking for you also, I actually approached two different people that I thought might be you. Both times I was wrong. One of the guys was sitting next to the Samurai in the GE Front Load Washer class on Saturday morning. As we talked, he said that he had heard that the Samurai was at the convention; I replied that he was sitting right next to him!

I met a few guys from New York also. Very nice people. I live Upstate, in the Adirondack Mountains. Completely different world, however I think that Appliance Technicians in general are all Brothers.

A little too early to tell, but I'll bet that I will be at the next ASTI in San Diego. If you're there, I would enjoy the opportunity to met you!

Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics