Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchen Aid KFIS29BBMS00 Ice maker issue

KFIS29BBMS00

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maytagman

maytagman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Ok, so I went out on a call for a french door with dispenser and the complaint was that the icemaker was leaking.  I didn't do my research, thinking it was the typical wpl, maytag type icemaker, and ran into my 1st experience with the new french door with indoor ice bucket and a icemaker crammed into the top 3.5-4" area in the top of the fridge. It looked like a small amount of water ran out of the icemaker area and some was under the the bucket in the door. The ice didn't appear to be melted in the bucket. It wasn't alot, but any possibility of leaking on the wood floors in this brand new high end house it too much.  Since it was right on the way to the shop, I messed with the gaskets and seals a bit, dried up any moisture and was honest with them and said I hadn't had any experience with this new style fridge/icemaker and I would reasearch it and stop back this pm or tomorrow am.  I tried to do a service matters search thru my phone but didn't come up with a job aid or anything on this model, so if someone has a link or can help me out with this it would be great. I'm leaning towards the icemaker over filling, but only a couple cubes were bridged, so I don't know.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

According to Whirlpool, melting ice is just the nature of the beast with this unit. The new use and care guides now explicitly tell the customer to dump the ice once a week to prevent slabbing. The older U&C manuals didn't say that so you didn't have that to back you up. But this is the guidance from Whirlpool on this problem for these particular units.

#3 maytagman

maytagman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

It didn't seem like the ice in the bucket was actually melted, but I can see where that's going to happen. It looked more like water ran right out of the shoot the ice follows to get to the bucket and some ran down the front edge of the bucket. They said they had been getting a little water On the fridge floor and on the top of the freezer drawer.

#4 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

This is the new FD Duel Evap unit. There is an issue with double fill icemakers and a kit is available. The User interface board on the left door needs to be replaced if you are double filling. There is a pointer on SM's from a few months back..

If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#5 maytagman

maytagman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thank you. That looks exactly like my customers issue.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Domo for the assist, TTH!   :dude:

maytagman (and others), here's the service pointer that TTH was referencing ==> http://appliantology...ervice-pointer/

#7 maytagman

maytagman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Yes, thanks again. Now to just get the UI board the parts supplier says even whirlpool doesnt have....

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

UI Assembly

W10486455 Black out of stock

W10486460 Silver  $ 137

Part number: W10486460

Part number: W10486460

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics