Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BradleyG

Stupid little hose, big pain in the kiester

5 posts in this topic

Kenmore Direct Drive washer Model Number 110.20972991

I need to replace a badly rotted hose which has torn in half.  I can’t find the part on any diagrams or at any of the major part websites.  Can anyone help me locate a part number  so I can order one?

The hose is on a Kenmore direct drive washer.  The washer has a 6-solenoid water valve that looks like this:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/8271904/727989?modelNumber=110.20972991.

The hose is located at the top left rear of the washer just below the top panel, and you can see it when you tilt the control panel out of the way and then remove a plastic cover that provides access to the fill hoses.

The hose that I need to replace is connected to this Venturi connector:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Connector/8272010/728000

The hose I need to replace connects to the right hand outlet of the Venturi connector.  The hose is about 8 inches long, one-half inch wide, has one 90 degree bend and two 45 degree bends, threads through the tub ring and has a little slot at its end below the tub ring and this slot sprays water. 

If I can’t obtain the part, can I just clamp up the bad hose so there is no more leaking and the customer will still have a functioning washer although without the spray action during the spin cycle? 

I thought that this would be a simple repair, but it seems like there is always something…

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thank you very much Nick,

You are a very resourceful person to have come up with that approach (looking at the tub ring) and I appreciate your help. It looks like it may be a bleach hose, so it's probably more important to the customer than I assumed.  Much appreciated!

Tumblin'

Nick, just an update.  Thanks to your suggestion that the hose may be part of the tub ring, I was able to track down the correct hose.  It was not located on a parts diagram page with all of the hoses.  But it was depicted  on a parts diagram several pages later that showed the tub ring, and there, next to the tub ring, was a tiny part that yes indeed was the hose in question.  It is a bleach hose  I installed it today for the customer and it was the correct hose.  It was part number 8526793 if anyone else needs this hose.  Thank you again.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0