Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Stupid little hose, big pain in the kiester

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tumblin'man

tumblin'man

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin' Donuts coffee

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Kenmore Direct Drive washer Model Number 110.20972991

I need to replace a badly rotted hose which has torn in half.  I can’t find the part on any diagrams or at any of the major part websites.  Can anyone help me locate a part number  so I can order one?

The hose is on a Kenmore direct drive washer.  The washer has a 6-solenoid water valve that looks like this:  http://www.repaircli...er=110.20972991.

The hose is located at the top left rear of the washer just below the top panel, and you can see it when you tilt the control panel out of the way and then remove a plastic cover that provides access to the fill hoses.

The hose that I need to replace is connected to this Venturi connector:  http://www.repaircli.../8272010/728000

The hose I need to replace connects to the right hand outlet of the Venturi connector.  The hose is about 8 inches long, one-half inch wide, has one 90 degree bend and two 45 degree bends, threads through the tub ring and has a little slot at its end below the tub ring and this slot sprays water. 

If I can’t obtain the part, can I just clamp up the bad hose so there is no more leaking and the customer will still have a functioning washer although without the spray action during the spin cycle? 

I thought that this would be a simple repair, but it seems like there is always something…

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Anytime Nick

Anytime Nick

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

http://www.repaircli...g/285831/827399

seems to only come as a part of the tub ring

#3 tumblin'man

tumblin'man

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Thank you very much Nick,

You are a very resourceful person to have come up with that approach (looking at the tub ring) and I appreciate your help. It looks like it may be a bleach hose, so it's probably more important to the customer than I assumed.  Much appreciated!

Tumblin'

#4 tumblin'man

tumblin'man

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Nick, just an update.  Thanks to your suggestion that the hose may be part of the tub ring, I was able to track down the correct hose.  It was not located on a parts diagram page with all of the hoses.  But it was depicted  on a parts diagram several pages later that showed the tub ring, and there, next to the tub ring, was a tiny part that yes indeed was the hose in question.  It is a bleach hose  I installed it today for the customer and it was the correct hose.  It was part number 8526793 if anyone else needs this hose.  Thank you again.  

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

may be similar to:
Whirlpool GSX9750
Whirlpool GSX9885
Whirlpool KAWS850

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=961843

Hose-8526793-00734525.jpg

11020972991.png

Whirlpool GSX9750
whirlpoolgsx9750.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics