Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE GSS25LGMF WW Fridge Too Cold

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

I saw that movie ...

I didn't notice the Queen ... :whistling:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

The part was in a generic bubble wrap bag.  No GE logos on the bag.  When the website said the past was OEM, I believed them.  Maybe the price was too good to be true.  Live and learn.

I had the same experience.  They were lid switches for Whirlpool D/D washers.  They didn't work.  When installed, they would allow the machine to spin, but would not stop the motor when the lid was raised.  Had anyone gotten hurt from using the machine left that way (she had kids in the house) that would have been a major liability lawsuit against me.  Luckily, I caught the problem because I always check my work and replaced that switch with the genuine FSP part from RepairClinic.  

As far as I'm concerned, the way they're marketing parts on Amazon is fraudulent - they're representing these parts to genuine OEM and they are just junk Chinese knock-offs.  They were selling under some other name when I bought from them a while back but it shipped from that same outfit that Brother Reg linked to.  BTW, good detective work, Reg!  I think it says something, too, that they keep changing their name on Amazon.  

....(changing response in that post to "no...I no of no other parts houses better than the one you use....majesty")

Great story, Brother Durham!  I would just point out, though, that the samurai, as a class, were not royalty but were employed by the Japanese equivalent of royalty.  As such, the samurai were just working stiffs who used specific tools, in their case, to kill people and break things, in my case, to help people and fix things.  Here at Appliantology, I see myself as more of an enabler or facilitator, rather than a king or leader.  My job is to keep the place open and running so that others may come and commune, partaking in and contributing to the accumulated Appliantological wisdom that we all help build.  :woohoo:

#23 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,083 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

They may have considered themselves working class, but whose to say the samurai class doesn't have some viking dna. Leif, Eric and the boys did quite a bit of  raping and pillaging and the vikings are known to have been the first Europeans to visit Japan.

Although there are countless differences between the samurai class and viking/western royalty, with all those sharp swords and axes around, there is one similarity that is pertinent and would give me pause. Namely the ease and gusto in which they both could utter...."off with his head!"  sFi_vikingax.gif free-scared-smileys-3661.gif

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#24 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Samurai, I've ran into those aftermarket Whirlpool lid switches, (got them by mistake from Universal when I ordered what was suppose to be genuine OEM part), and had the same problem with the first one I installed.

I found the problem to be two little additional tabs of plastic just above where the screw holes are that would hold the switch cocked downward so that when the lid was raised the activator flag hit the cabinet top before it could open the switch contacts.  I cut the little nubs of plastic off and it mounted and worked correctly.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics