Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

JTP56B0A1BB GE Double Oven with Intermittent Keypad / Control Panel F0 + F7 Fault Codes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Hello all,

Had an outcall today and the problem with this Profile Oven is that the keypad doesn't work except for the CLEAR OFF buttons.....and that's it. That is until you reseat the the ribbon cable at the main board. Then the keypad works for a minute.....then nothing again.

When I could use the keypad temporarily I was able to start the bake cycle and heat the oven. However, the keypad went dead quickly and all that worked was CLEAR OFF again.

I reseated the ribbon a 2nd time and resurrected the keypad for about 30 seconds and it went out again. Connections are very clean, just so you know.

Error codes displayed are F0 and F7.

I put in the manual request a few minutes ago.

I found the the board's main ground wire completely disconnected, so I reconnected it. Not sure if this has anything to do with the issue at hand though.

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Vets Appliance

Vets Appliance

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Caffeine

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

EOC (Electronic Oven Control, AKA Clock or the board).

Only an electronic part will wink out predictably like that, X number of seconds after being reset.

If it was the membrane or the ribbon cable it wouldn't be so predictable.

The disconnected ground probably had everything to do with it... but if the board had a floating ground for a while and then got zapped it's toasted. Be sure to properly ground the new board.

Floating grounds are very nasty at times... there's no telling what you'll get. In Naval Electronics Tech School a buddy of mine had a Simpson 260 indestructible meter (the one with the thick glass) explode like a hand grenade when the caps in it got roasted by around 50KVDC. He was testing a radar unit that had an oxidized ground strap. We know it was 50K because the instructor ordered everyone back immediately and did a High Voltage check on it with a big wand-style probe and a HV meter.

Lucky for my buddy the panel was between his body and the meter when it exploded.

Edited by ScottsApplianceRepar, 14 March 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Me: "Why are my customers always so happy to see me arrive but then say they hope to not see me again anytime soon?"
Joe Customer: "Because we have to pay you to leave."

#3 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. I will inform my client.

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,977 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

Yikes! Gotta add that to my growing list of implied unlesses

Implied Unlesses:
#24: Superman : indestructible, unless he's hit by kryptonite
#25: Titanic: indestructible, unless it hits an iceberg
#26: Simpson 260: indestructible, unless it hits ungrounded 50k vdc

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,977 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Here's what 50k vdc can do even at very low current

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

Error codes displayed are F0 and F7.

Shorted keypad. Cycling power will clear it until EOC sees the short again...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#7 LI-NY Tech

LI-NY Tech

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Virgil's Cream Soda

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

I'm having the same problem with a JTP56SD1SS.

F0 and F7.  As per mini manual, disconnect ribbon cable, if problem still occurs control board is at fault.  That's what I did and the problem still occurred, so I replaced the control.  Now, about 2 weeks later, customer calls back with the same complaint (before replacing the control F0/F7 came up multiple times per day, this time it was good until today).

Is this a keypad issue now?  If so, how is it possible to set the code with ribbon cable disconnected if there is no problem with the control?

Edited by LI-NY Tech, 24 August 2014 - 08:15 PM.

- David
- RD Appliance Service, Corp.
http://www.rdapplianceservice.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics