Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sunlight Appliance

JTP56B0A1BB GE Double Oven with Intermittent Keypad / Control Panel F0 + F7 Fault Codes

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Had an outcall today and the problem with this Profile Oven is that the keypad doesn't work except for the CLEAR OFF buttons.....and that's it. That is until you reseat the the ribbon cable at the main board. Then the keypad works for a minute.....then nothing again.

When I could use the keypad temporarily I was able to start the bake cycle and heat the oven. However, the keypad went dead quickly and all that worked was CLEAR OFF again.

I reseated the ribbon a 2nd time and resurrected the keypad for about 30 seconds and it went out again. Connections are very clean, just so you know.

Error codes displayed are F0 and F7.

I put in the manual request a few minutes ago.

I found the the board's main ground wire completely disconnected, so I reconnected it. Not sure if this has anything to do with the issue at hand though.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

EOC (Electronic Oven Control, AKA Clock or the board).

Only an electronic part will wink out predictably like that, X number of seconds after being reset.

If it was the membrane or the ribbon cable it wouldn't be so predictable.

The disconnected ground probably had everything to do with it... but if the board had a floating ground for a while and then got zapped it's toasted. Be sure to properly ground the new board.

Floating grounds are very nasty at times... there's no telling what you'll get. In Naval Electronics Tech School a buddy of mine had a Simpson 260 indestructible meter (the one with the thick glass) explode like a hand grenade when the caps in it got roasted by around 50KVDC. He was testing a radar unit that had an oxidized ground strap. We know it was 50K because the instructor ordered everyone back immediately and did a High Voltage check on it with a big wand-style probe and a HV meter.

Lucky for my buddy the panel was between his body and the meter when it exploded.

Edited by ScottsApplianceRepar

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. I will inform my client.

Yikes! Gotta add that to my growing list of implied unlesses

Implied Unlesses:
#24: Superman : indestructible, unless he's hit by kryptonite
#25: Titanic: indestructible, unless it hits an iceberg
#26: Simpson 260: indestructible, unless it hits ungrounded 50k vdc

Here's what 50k vdc can do even at very low current

Error codes displayed are F0 and F7.

Shorted keypad. Cycling power will clear it until EOC sees the short again...

I'm having the same problem with a JTP56SD1SS.

F0 and F7.  As per mini manual, disconnect ribbon cable, if problem still occurs control board is at fault.  That's what I did and the problem still occurred, so I replaced the control.  Now, about 2 weeks later, customer calls back with the same complaint (before replacing the control F0/F7 came up multiple times per day, this time it was good until today).

Is this a keypad issue now?  If so, how is it possible to set the code with ribbon cable disconnected if there is no problem with the control?

Edited by LI-NY Tech

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0