Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Subzero 680 ice/water thru door not workin'......

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 charliefoxtrot

charliefoxtrot

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:hoegaarten

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

So we had a generator transfer switch put in....and somehow it fried the neutral buss bar in our subpanel that feeds kitchen. (we never even used the transfer switch, it was faulty switch, but I digress)

It burnt up the dispenser on our 680, the circuit board inside the dispenser was smoked, nothing else on fridge was affected.

I got a new dispenser, plugged it in, and the little bulb lights up when you hit the button, and I hear a small click like a relay clicking, but the solenoid that moves the  ice chute door open doesnt move. I have 115v at the black wire, white wire, and yellow wire. Zilch on the remaining wires, red brown and white.

Now, I believe the short killed the part of the circuit board that controls the dispenser, it seems logical anyway. Manuals I got here didnt seem to cover much in the way of the dispenser.

I pulled the board and looked it over carefully and saw no visual damage fyi. 

Would love some help, thanks much!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 charliefoxtrot

charliefoxtrot

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:hoegaarten

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

anyone?

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,722 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Did you check to see if the dispenser is locked. If not you may have a problem with the dispenser housing assembly. But  I  have to defer to the other masters re wiring issues with your model.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Using the  600 series  manual   # 3758407

.....what is your serial number ?????............................  Black wire???.. to main control board or disperser board ???...............The manual I haz, no black wire to/from the dispenser board....Yellow appears to be power 'in'.................Brown, power out to auger and the motor.............Did you check the solenoid Ohms. value???    100 by my book....... Power out at the two wires to the solenoid????................Does the auger motor operate when the auger switch is closed  and dispenser button is pushed ??????  .....................

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,722 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

See,  that's what happens when a master is called in.  You better have done your homework. lol

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics