So we had a generator transfer switch put in....and somehow it fried the neutral buss bar in our subpanel that feeds kitchen. (we never even used the transfer switch, it was faulty switch, but I digress)
It burnt up the dispenser on our 680, the circuit board inside the dispenser was smoked, nothing else on fridge was affected.
I got a new dispenser, plugged it in, and the little bulb lights up when you hit the button, and I hear a small click like a relay clicking, but the solenoid that moves the ice chute door open doesnt move. I have 115v at the black wire, white wire, and yellow wire. Zilch on the remaining wires, red brown and white.
Now, I believe the short killed the part of the circuit board that controls the dispenser, it seems logical anyway. Manuals I got here didnt seem to cover much in the way of the dispenser.
I pulled the board and looked it over carefully and saw no visual damage fyi.
Would love some help, thanks much!