Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

2yr old Maytag oven stops heating after it heats up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bimbbobway

bimbbobway

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

MGR7662WW2 all gas: Bake will preheat but a few cycles after, it will cycle on the burner will ignite but the ignitor will continue to spark 3-4 times then it stops with no power to the gas valve. After that it will not try to reignite untill you turn off & try again but it will not turn on the burner will just ignite & the ignitor will spark a few times & shut off again. There are no error codes. I feel it is not recognizing the flame. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
www.mrappliance.com/wilmington

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

It will not be your board or valve Bob. If it works fine on preheat board (spark board)  and valve are fine. You are loosing your ground feed. I have had good success by making sure igniter is properly aligned, heating can cause burner and brackets to flex just a little and a little bit is all you need. Also, where ever the burner touches chassis, I clean with my Dremel tool and a sand disc. Both the burner itself and what it attaches too. Last but not least the screws. If you order in a burner it usually comes with new screws which is usually a coarser screw to get a better bite. If all the above check fine, and you see no signs of cracks to your igniter, you probably have a burner issue. When I take my techs through everything and they state its all good boss and I have them order the burner the question it. But if you are sure everything else is fine, flame, alignment, ground and surface areas touching it.... what is left is the burner. I know your thinking, but what can be wrong with it, it's a hunk of aluminum with holes! Something is misaligned, flexing, something. Good hunting!

If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

yes, and check the Wall Outlet polarity and ground

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,909 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

But if you are sure everything else is fine, flame, alignment, ground and surface areas touching it.... what is left is the burner. I know your thinking, but what can be wrong with it, it's a hunk of aluminum with holes! Something is misaligned, flexing, something. Good hunting!

Right arm, TTH!  There was even a service bulletin out on this a few years ago, I posted the gist of it at my other site.  

Bimbob, here's the upgraded burner.

#5 bimbbobway

bimbbobway

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Thanks. It makes sense about the upgraded burner. I tried repositioning the ignitor several ways with no success.

#6 bimbbobway

bimbbobway

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Well not the burner ignitor combo. Already had upgraded burner anyways. Been through all wiring & grounds still happening. I guess i may try a new dsi board.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,909 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Dayyam, budrow, I hate it when they don't give you enough info on the tech sheet or service manual where you can determine with certainty what the problem is and you're left relying on magic service bulletins and guess work.  I feel a haiku coming on...

DSI oven

Effed up like ol' Hogan's Goat.

Time for a good scream.

f4e077eafc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics