Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
applianceman97

GE Washer wjre5500g1ww. No agitate or spin.

10 posts in this topic

Ge washer wjre5500g1ww. I havent worked on very many GE's and this one is my first with the hydrowave system.  I am having a bit of trouble with it (the last tech that worked on it took the wiring diagram). It will not agitate or spin. I have replaced the fuse in the wiring harness which was bad and now it still wont agitate or spin.  With a little research i have seen some people talking about a green blinking light on the inverter. I'm not sure if my model has that light or if its just not working, because i see no light. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

That one should definitely have an led.. Have you checked to see if it's getting power?

Can't find led on inverter. Have power to motor. I'm thinking it has to be that inverter.

If that's the correct model number, then this unit definitely has the perverter board on top of the motor.  

4038008601_537e98f32b_o.png

You can also reset the perverter board:

To Reset the Inverter Board: Push the timer knob in so the washer is idle. Unplug the machine for one minute. Plug back in and raise and lower the lid six times within 12 seconds.

Source:  http://fixitnow.com/wp/2009/11/10/ge-hydrowave-top-loading-washer-wont-run/

Yep. That's the model I have. The mysterious LED Is not illuminating at all. I guess I've done all I can without just ordering the motor. I' ll let you know if that fixes it. (Possative it will) thanks everyone.

Check that thermal fuse:

gallery_4_5_26879.jpg

More info on testing the Perverter:

gallery_4_5_76764.png

Thanks samurai! Didn't have that diagram. The thermal I know was bad and changed it but still not working. Makes me wonder what blew it. Now I can check for correct voltages. (Darn those techs that take the wiring diagrams) thanks!!!

(Darn those techs that take the wiring diagrams) thanks!!!

Da nada, compadre, hope it helps!

Yeah, parts changers that steal the tech sheet should be forced to spend an evening with Moostafa's amorous yaks.