Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher Mod#She43M02UC/48 stuck on 10minute

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

This DW sticks on 1 minute left and runs forever but only on Quick Wash mode. I have taken apart control and inspected it and don't see a burn mark on solders. What I would like to know is what wire do I use to test amps to see of heater is coming on? The main one at jbox? Black? And if it shows 11 amps meaning heater is good then its probably the board right? Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

... The main one at jbox? Black? And if it shows 11 amps meaning heater is good then its probably the board right?

that should work.. AMPS should show 11A more that just the running cycle without the Heater ...

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

ok, I tested voltage at jbox and it doesn't hit 11amps plus. I inspected the board, one side didn't see a burn mark. so because it doesn't draw the 11 amps+ that points to a board?

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

may be a bad Heater or Thermostat

OR look closely at the soldered pins of the Heater Relay ...

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

On the red wire coming out of the control board, check to see if you're getting your 120vac heater voltage.  If not, then control board is bad-- the failure isn't always visible that's why you have to check for the voltage.  

If you're getting the voltage out the red wire from the control board, then the problem is in the heater or the NTC.  

#6 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

I ohmed the NTC from the board per the tech sheet in DW and it ohmed out good. I remember repairing this DW last year and I think I had to open plastic box holding control board and flip it over to see burned solder I think. Anyway, im sure its the control. Thanks for all your help.

#7 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

ok, so I replaced the board and it worked for a few days then it started sticking on 1 minute left. I went back and decided to replace the heater assembly which replaces the NTC, aqua sensor and heater and flow switch. Tested it on normal wash, heater did not come on, so I checked all connections. All good. I did notice a sound like a buzzing sorta then it would go away. Could anything to do with the motor such as water flow or the motor capacitor have anything to do with this? Error codes were E1 and E6.

Thanks.

The tech manual says check everything in the heater circuit and that's what I did...

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

do some voltage test in the Heater circuit when it should be ON

#9 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ok, so I went back installed new heater. Worked for a few days then went back to being stuck on 1. Is it possible that the customer, who is using powder and gel, has gunked up flow through heater? Another tech friend said this might be an issue. I know the board was bad as after changing it I got the necessary voltage readings.

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Is it possible that the customer, who is using powder and gel, has gunked up flow through heater?

This is so unlikely that I think Snopes will be carrying it soon as an Internet rumor.

In these situations, you have to drop back and re-trace what you've done. Go back and make sure you're getting 120vac on the red wire from the control board as I described previously. It's possible the new control board failed. Has happened to me more than once.

#11 JJ Surfer

JJ Surfer

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada pale ale

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Listen to the Samurai on this one. If you don't have 120 volts to red wire you can make a jumper wire from black to red (don't connect jumper while running) and then check amp draw when unit is filled and running, heater circuit should pull 9 amps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics